About the Foundation
Bhalwani Family Charitable Foundation
BFCF is dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable people in our community by unlocking their potential through programs that provide opportunity, knock down walls and even the playing field. We believe in the equality of access to basic human rights including food, healthcare, and education. We help, support, and inspire research in niche and underfunded areas that seek novel ways to solve problems. We back programs and campaigns that give hope and opportunities to those who deserve it most, especially programs that address urgent or overlooked problems.
BFCF believes that its contributions must create value. That’s why we only fund grantees that are willing to measure their effectiveness and be accountable for their performance. This makes every dollar spent more productive and the impact we make more meaningful.
Examples of some of BFCF’s initiatives include:
- Established the Bhalwani Familial Cancer Clinic at the Princess Margaret Cancer Center, which provides genetic counselling and risk assessment services to people with a personal or family history of cancer.
- Endowed the Bhalwani Family Compassionate Care Fund to provide financial support to cancer patients seeking genetic testing but cannot afford to do so.
- Sponsor of the “Annual Third Eye Capital Grovember Event” whereby BFCF donates $10,000 to cancer research for each participating employee of Third Eye Capital. The event results in hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations per year.
- Sponsor of early reading programs at underserved, inner-city schools in Toronto.
- Support food security for communities affected by poverty or disaster.
- Scholarship programs for disadvantaged and deserving women studying finance.